Thursday 9 August 2012

Trip to ESPT San Sebastian and Belgium


So my Small Euro trip started on the 25th July flying from London where I met up with Tim Davie. We were heading to San Sebastian for the Estrellas Spanish Poker Tour to play the main event and some dies there too. We flew from London to biarritz in France which was a hour train to San Sebastian. We managed to get there late in the afternoon and just had a look around. It is a very nice play and was meant to have like 12/13 Michelin stars restaurants more than any other town in the world. But us being degens did not make it to one of them lol. So we just had a wander round the beach and ate at one of the many tapas bars. Then we went out and got pretty drunk hitting bars all around the town... no photos im affraid :( 

Day 2 

SO we didn't have much to do today as it as the start of the Main in day 1A so another day off for us so we thought we would look around this place a little more, we managed to get to the beach although that is to stand at the edge. We we not dressed for a beach sesh so we just people watched for a few hours ;). 
Then the first poker of the trip was a €220 NL turbo this was going to be fun it was a pretty deep structure with everyone trying to play every hand for the first 2/3 level, THen when the turbo skills came up was funny to see how bad people were playing. I made like level 6/7 and a guy jammed cut off for 12 bigs (ish) I got 99 on the btn re jam same stack. I loose my first flip and gg me.
This called for a few more beers........ 

Day 3

Today we were playing the Main Event €1100 day 1b, I got a great table draw with some really passive players at the table apart from one Deutsch guy who wanted to play every hand (blatant fish). i played pretty solid for the most then we got redrawed after about level 4. I moved upstairs onto a slightly tougher table with Team Poker stars Pro Juan Manuel Pastor, only played a few  orbits here before moving again. This time to a tabel with Anna Marquez not a bad view for once :). 
Anna Marquez


I had some info on a few of the players as i actually took Tim Davies seat as he busted shortly before. So with a few tips of him etc the table played fairly solid with a couple of LAGS and a few coolers as well poor Anna ran kk into AA for heaps. 
Busto hand!!! so a lag opens UTG+1 and and other lag 3 bets btn im sitting there with 32 bbs and look at AQo it was like a dream.... So i reshipped it in there faces, first raiser insta folds and btn 3 better ask for a count before calling with JJ and a insta service window J meant I was drawing thin and dead on the turn..... gg ME!! 



Day 4 

Today was the 2 day €330 side event, ok so this was the tournament that I felt I had the best chance of winning or at least getting a Spanish flag at. Good structure and very weak field I think the total runners was 109. The start was very much boring nothing notable won a few small pots and I didnt get a stack going till this hand: I open with KQs from utg+1 some tard flats and a guy who has been tilting and i know he was capable of squeezing light ships it in for about 15 bbs I re jam for around 35 bbs and the flat caller tanks and asks how much and he tank calls with AK lol, the BB had Q9 so I am  in pretty bad shape and the board runs out 4310 rubbish board for me then the turn j made a huge sweat for everyone's hand and then the 9 on the river gave me the buts and a huge chip stack. :) From then on i didn't really loose my stack and went into day 2 as the Chip leader with 21 left. 

Day 5

So after making it to day 2 I had to go back at 3pm to continue to a winner. Unfortunately for me that night I had food poisoning and didn't sleep at all or be able to eat anything without it coming straight back out. I was in such a bad place and the last thing I wanted to be doing was playing a live poker game. TBH at the start of the day I was not a huge disadvantage because I actually played some really good fearless poker, especially near the bubble you could obv tell the players who didn't want to not cash. Some were blinding down to 2/3 bbs lol. When the bubble broke (12 paid) The final table started pretty fast after. 
I was 3/4th out of 8 going in as there was a double bust on the last two tables. I knew I was the best player at the table and I used a pretty very low variance strategy as these were the types of players who didn't like to fold. So hand by hand people slowly started spazzing out against other people, chips were flying about in crazy situations I would hardly say that there were any big coolers just people playing A10 like the nuts pre and acting amazed when they were running into the top of there calling ranges. I think during the 1 million chips in play there was 3 guys who had about 400-500k and managed to all be out 4th and lower. So we got 4 handed with a pretty solid Finish lad on my right, a Spanish young lad (chipleader at this point) and a older Swedish (very nitty). I got a double up straight away when i get JJ in vs KQ for 50 bbs so im now 2nd in chips. I have the BB with Ad6x and the Swede opens (22bb eff) and get flatter by the CL on the btn, sb folds and I decide to squeeze here as I am pretty sure that the Swede will only get the top of his range in here and then i can snap fold if he shoves. Anyway the CL flats the btn we see a flop 457dd so I know pick up a up and down straight draw with a over. pretty good flop so I c bet around 5/8's pot he calls turn 5x not a great card but at this time im still thinking im good, but i decide to CC the turn so i check and he bets a pretty big bet I think for a min then call. at this moment I am putting in on some diamond draw or floating with complete air. I think boats are not here unless he has 45s as i have seen him 3 bet pre with pairs before. The river brought the 10h which should be a complete blank. I check and he decides to ship it all in!!!! I have like 28 bbs behind me and with the two other players still in one has less that this and the other about the same!!! I had a massive ICM decision due to the payout structure, I tanked for about 2/3 mins before making a very quiet call....... villian tables 89dd and my read was right and with that call I bagged over 750 chips with 1 mill in play. Took me about 10 hands to finsih the tournament knocking them out one by one. The final hand was JJ vs A6o all in pre I held felt good.. Many thanks to my rail :) 

Chiiiipssssssssssssss



I won €10,700 for first, it is now my second live win this year and my biggest live cash ever!! 




Belgium To be added later 

No comments:

Post a Comment